Sunday, May 15, 2011

Five Hundred Days. Or, Halfway There.

Well, today was an auspicious occasion - my 500th consecutive day of drawing and/or painting. I worked on ten paintings today to mark the event.

Here's the scene early in the day, before the paint started to fly:


A bit more glazing, more Liquid Mirror and more black lava gel, and the metalflake paintings started to look more like this:


(Still a ways to go yet, of course. And I also laid the base coats for three more of these babies. They still look kinda boring at this point, though.)

Then I got to work on the hot pink metalflake triptych you might've seen recently - my tribute to bubblegum rock. Here's a rough idea of what it'll look like:


After that, I started the process of adding that linework to the actual painting. The middle panel of the three has just been applied:


Hoping to finish this one in the next couple days. By now the masking/painting process for these is fairly simple and uneventful.

And that was my 500th day. What'd you do today?

No comments: