Sunday, January 1, 2012

Shotglass-a-Day Project, Day 01/31.

Happy New Year, folks. Yes, it's a whole 'nother year, and so I figured I needed a new art project.

'Cause all the existing projects just weren't enough, of course.

The new idea is, I draw a quick sketch of a different shotglass every day. Day in, day out, for the whole 366 days. (Yep, 2012 is a leap year.) Trying not to go into it with too many preconceived notions, so I'm not putting any hard-and-fast rules into place. I might do these in charcoal, ink, coloured pencil, watercolour... whatever floats my boat on that particular day. It's as much a disciplinary exercise as anything else, although hopefully it'll help mantain my drawing muscles as well.

So without further ado, may I present you with the inaugural shotglass of the day:



Coloured pencil and charcoal.

Stay tuned for more, every day of 2012.

Cheers,
Bret Taylor
Vancouver, BC
January 1st, 2012


EDIT: After a month I'm realizing that I just don't have 366 shotglasses in me. So, it'll be shotglasses in January, dinosaurs in February, etc. etc.

No comments: