Sunday, January 22, 2012

Blast From the Past.

Once upon a time there was a car magazine publisher named Tom McMullen. Back when I was in highschool, several of his magazines had sections that published illustrations from readers - Truckin', Street Rodder, Custom Rodder, etc.

Fancying myself an accomplished illustrator by this point, I promptly shipped them a handful of my drawings (never occurred to me, of course, to keep copies for myself). Over the next year or so, I think they published four or five of my pieces - my first published work. And last week as I continued in my efforts to purge a lot of the useless crap out of my life, I found three of the magazines:


I knew immediately which issues they were. I can still remember how excited I was to see my art in them. Here, have a look:




I still kinda like that Monte Carlo. Maybe I should draw an updated version sometime.

No comments: