Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Big Art Sale.

So I've been talking a lot lately about this upcoming Closing Time show I want to put on. And of course, the first painting's already done, but if I'm gonna put on a full-fledged show on the scale I want, it'll take some funding - I'd like to put together a book (via Blurb) of the initial sketches of my Muse and offer that for sale at the show in addition to the paintings. And really, having copies of my Hey Ladies book available couldn't hurt.

Coincidentally, I'm also trying to strip a lot of excess baggage out of my life these days. Being a packrat is a real flaw of mine, so I'm determined to cut some of this extra crap away. (Why no, it's not a midlife crisis at all.)

Killing two birds with one stone, then: I'm hosting a sale this weekend, and almost all my paintings prior to the Metalflake show in October are going, going, and hopefully soon to be gone. It'll free up a ton of wall space and hopefully raise the cash I need for the next big show. Prices are being slashed as if I were some crazed, fez-wearing carpet-warehouse owner.

What's on sale, you ask? Well, you can download a catalog of the show right here.

So stay tuned, and if you're in Vancouver, please come by the show. Relevant info is as follows:

Saturday, January 14th, 2:00PM - 8:00PM
210-2075 Yukon St., Vancouver, BC

Thanks, and please spread the word.

Bret Taylor
Vancouver, BC
January 2012

No comments: