Saturday, June 2, 2012

Thoughts on the Remix Show

Two weeks from tonight, as you may already know, I'm putting on a new art show. The title is Metal Flake Remix, and as the title suggests, it'll rework visual elements from the original Metal Flake show last fall.

The key difference is, this show will be mainly about live art. I'll be whipping up a new series of paintings on the spot, in front of an audience. I'm aiming for six paintings of various sizes, done mainly with spraypaint and stencils - stencils based on the white lineart designs I used on the original series. I'm as curious as anybody to see how all that will turn out.

There'll also be several new metalflake paintings available. And I'll have a handful of older pieces for sale, as I'm trying to clear some of the clutter out of my studio and move forward with my art..

Further to that, if you're planning to attend, bring a business card for the fishbowl - we'll be holding a draw to give away one of the paintings.

The show will be in the same venue as January's art sale: Imagemaker Photographic Studio (210-2075 Yukon Street at 4th).

Doors will open at 6:00PM, and the paint will start to fly around 7:00. Hope you can make it.


No comments: