Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Six Hundred, or: Power Trio.

So here we are at another milestone in the epic journey towards my one-thousand-day goal. Six hundred days. Puttered around with three small pieces to get up to speed today. A little drybrushing, a coat of clear...

After that the goal was to finish one of the big metalflake paintings. This particular one is titled "Power Trio" - think Rush, Cream, or the Jimi Hendrix Experience. First I did a couple hours of masking (my back and shoulders are still thanking me for that):


Once that was nailed down, it was time to slap on a bit of titanium white:



Eventually all the white areas were done, and the tape came off. Then I took the painting out on the balcony to take advantage of the early-evening light:



And that one's a wrap. I'm exhausted - done painting for the night.

600.

No comments: