Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I've Been Interviewed.

Hey folks, I've been interviewed by Jaye Frisina over at Thirteenth Story:

JAYE: In the past, you have committed yourself to drawing every single day. What has this practice led to, in terms of creative development? Are there days when you are just not inspired, and how do you deal with those days? Is drawing every day something you would recommend to other artists, and do you have any advice for those who dare?

BRET: I'd recommend the practice - or something similar - for any creative person. The biggest benefit from it is just training your brain to think creatively all the time. When I was painting every day in 2008, the ideas just wouldn't stop. And this year I'm doing it again, though it can be either drawing or painting, just to mix it up a little. Plus, a year of being focused almost solely on painting tends to make my drawing skills rusty. And discipline is its own reward.


You can check read the rest of the interview right here.

Also, Jaye's site is here. Well worth checking out; her art is amazing.

No comments: