Monday, May 21, 2012

Sketch Diary.

So I bought a new sketchbook recently, and started carrying it everywhere. When I'm in a new place I try to find some small object to sketch - nothing major, just kind of a visual souvenir.

Last weekend I paid a visit to a city I haven't visited in a couple years, Victoria, B.C. Just needed a weekend away from Vancouver, and see some new faces and decompress. While I was there I saw this wooden rhino and had to draw him:


And yesterday I went to a fun little Sunday-brunch outing at one of my favourite restaurants, Cosca. Lots of cool visual details in the place, so I had lots of options to choose from. In the end I drew this lamp that reminded me of the restaurant's symbol (an artichoke):


And after that I spotted this chandelier:


I definitely need to do more of this. Stay tuned.

Bret Taylor
Vancouver, BC
May 21, 2012

1 comment:

Franziska San Pedro said...

Hi Bret,

nice sketch diary! There's so much inspiration around us, love it,
Franziska