Saturday, February 11, 2012

Shotglass-a-Day Project, Day 31/31.

Well, kids, the shotglasses are done. Seems like a million years have passed since I kicked the project off on January 1st, all full of piss and vinegar and ready to draw 366 glasses over the course of 2012.

Then again, I had no idea at the time what twists and turns my life would take in January. Guess I can't fault myself for not being clairvoyant, though - I doubt that anybody else could've predicted the things that have happened to me any better.

So here I am almost a month and a half later, and the world as I know it is drastically different from the one I thought I was living in back in December. Some longterm plans hatched in happier times have been shelved, sadly. And the adjustment process hasn't at all been easy.

On the plus side, here's the last of the 31 shotglasses:


And I think the new idea of having a different theme every month will add some much-needed variety to the whole drawing-every-day thing. Dinosaurs for February are, as you've already seen, well underway. Other potential monthly topics include guitars, shoes, dogs & cats, dragons, and at least one other than I'm blanking on at the moment. I'm certainly open to suggestions from the floor.

Also on the brighter side, the work situation has taken a definite turn for the better, so at least that particular bit of stress and pressure has lessened considerably.

Onward and upward, right?

Bret Taylor
Lost in 2012.

No comments: