Sunday, January 23, 2011

One Thousand Days.

Greetings and salutations. The Month From Hell is nearly over, and I'm trying to get my life back on track. Hopefully the Emo Flu has completely run its course, so I can start living like a normal human again and stop second-guessing every decision I make.

Part of my reconstruction plan is what I'm dubbing the 1,000 Days Project. Which probably sounds like something new, but it's really not. If you've been reading the blog in the past, you know that in 2008, and again last year, I drew and/or painted every day of the year. It's a great exercise; helps me focus and learn at a much greater rate. Plus it's highly therapeutic - pretty much the only thing that kept me sane over the past 23 days.

But I'm getting ahead of myself here.

On New Year's Day when I had a fever, a nasty headcold and a raw throat, I drew this:


After that I decided to go with the every-day plan again. Why sacrifice all the momentum I built up last year, right?

Then a few days back it occurred to me that it was Day 384, not Day 19. So I thought about that a bit - should I go for a full thousand days?

Hell yeah, I should.

Bret Taylor
Vancouver, BC
Day 388/1000

No comments: