Sunday, October 17, 2010

Dawn Patrol.

I bought three of these yesterday (the 24x36-inch ones). My cousin is commissioning a massive painted version of my old Dawn Patrol piece from a few years back:


This'll be the biggest (in every sense of the word) commission I've done yet - mounted together, the panels will be 3 ft. x 6ft. I just laid the panels together on the floor and I'm finally getting a sense of how huge this will be when it's done. The panels themselves are extremely high-quality pieces. Everything is very solid, and they're braced well on the backs. You could park a truck on one of them, I swear.

Can't wait to get started on building the background textures, but first there's a bunch of surface prep to be done. I keep telling myself to be patient. So far it's working...

No comments: