Thursday, December 1, 2011

On the Bar.

So December is upon us - one month left in this tumultuous year. Like a lot of people I'm already thinking about 2012, of course. I'd very much like to maintain the creative momentum I've built up in 2010 and 2011, if not add to it.

Already got ideas for a couple of big projects - two potential new shows, and a book to accompany one of them. One of the shows will most likely be a metalflake series, but it's the other that concerns us here. Been toying with the idea of exploring the pinup-girl subject again, following the success of my book, Hey Ladies. And on that note, after much discussion, sketching and brainstorming, I've concluded that the other new series will be pin-up girls in or on bars.

To wit, here's the proposal for the first of the series:


Haven't made any major decisions in terms of rendering style, etc. I do know they'll be acrylic on canvas, but beyond that... ?